Setting up your Ideal Home Workout Space
When setting up a home workout space to utilise for all your fitness needs, look to create an Atmosphere that Will Inspire you and keep you motivated.
Here are a few ways to ensure the new space gets you in the mood to work out and also provides you with the basics you’ll need to stay safe while you do it!
1. Pick a space that provides an even surface. Remember, a softer surface will protect your joints.
2. Make sure you don’t have any furniture nearby that may get in your way when you are stretching out or busting out a move! Nobody wants to hit their knee on the coffee table during a workout or kick their toe on the TV unit.
3. Bring in a Portable Sound System to create some atmosphere. Pump your favourite tunes to improve your mood and boost your workout!
4. Let there be light! Make sure the space has some natural light. A window or a door that allows you to see outside will make you feel calmer and provide some access to sunlight and fresh air.
5. Mirror your workout. Having a mirror will allow you to ensure you are performing exercises correctly and will keep your form in check!
Happy training! Once your new space is set up and ready to go, why not try some of our fun and challenging at home workouts.
#theYathome Activity Disclaimer
All participants must ensure they have a clear area to perform all skills and activities prior to commencing the activity. All child related activities must be conducted under parental supervision.
You are responsible for you exercising within your limits. Only perform exercises and skills and repetitions that you are currently capable of performing. If you do not do it at the gym or in your regular Y program, do not attempt to do it at home.
Do not attempt skills, exercises or activities displayed if you currently sustain any injuries or illness that excludes you from physical activity. If at any time you feel you are exercising beyond your current fitness abilities, or you feel discomfort, pain, dizziness or nausea, you should discontinue exercising immediately and seek medical assistance/advice where necessary.
To the extent permitted by law, The Y and its affiliates disclaim any and all liability in connection with the exercises in this video/post and any instructions and advice provided.
Back to blog