I N G R E D I E N T S
- 3 cups of frozen mixed berries
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice (or orange juice)
- 1/2 tablespoon water
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 1/2 cups vanilla yoghurt
M E T H O D
- Pour mixed berries, sugar, water and lemon juice into large saucepan and simmer on medium heat for approximately 10 minutes (until berries are soft)
- Let cool for at least 10 minutes before serving
- Serve ½ cup of vanilla yoghurt in each bowl topped with 2 large dessert spoons of berry compote
N OT E S
1. You can store berry compote in the fridge for a few days.
2. You can also serve compote over porridge or pancakes.
This recipe is egg free, vegetarian and gluten free.
Makes 5 servings
DF: Use soy yoghurt or coconut yoghurt