I N G R E D I E N T S
- 1 zucchini, grated
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped
- ½ cup grated tasty cheese
- 2 cups SR flour (can be GF)
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup plain low-fat yoghurt
- 3 tablespoons honey
You will also need 1 can olive oil spray, 12 cup large muffin tin and large patty cases.
M E T H O D
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C
- Line 12 cup large muffin tin with patty cases and spray with olive oil
- Grate zucchini & carrot and place in large bowl and combine
- Finely chop spring onion and add to bowl
- Add grated cheese and flour into bowl and stir to combine
- Whisk eggs, oil, yoghurt and honey together in separate bowl, then add to zucchini/carrot mixture and mix until just combined (don’t overmix or muffins will be too dense)
- Divide mixture evenly between 12 patties
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden and just firm to touch
- Stand in tin for 5 minutes
- Serve warm or cold
N OT E S
These would be good to freeze as leftovers for a vegetarian
afternoon tea or lunch option for later in the week.
This recipe is vegetarian.
GF: Use GF flour DF: Offer alternative afternoon tea (e.g.
hummus and biscuits) Egg free: Use “egg replacer”
SERVING 12 people TIME 35 minutes METHOD OvenBack to blog