I N G R E D I E N T S
- ¾ cup rolled oats
- 1 cup sultanas (175g)
- ½ cup diced dried apricots
- ½ cup unsweetened apple juice
- ½ cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 60g butter, melted
- ½ cups self raising flour
M E T H O D
- Soak the oats, sultanas, apricots, apple juice and milk for at least 20 mins (or soak in fridge all day)
- Mix together eggs and butter, then add to oat mixture and stir well
- Fold flour into wet ingredients (don’t over mix)
- Line a loaf tin with baking paper and pour mixture in
- Bake at 160°C for 40-45 minutes (insert skewer to check middle is cooked).
- Let cool in loaf tin for about 10 minutes before cutting (if you cut when too hot, it will crumble)
N OT E S
1. You can soak oats in the morning and leave in fridge.
2. Leftovers can be frozen or served for breakfast the next day.
This recipe is vegetarian.
GF: Use GF flour DF: Use soy milk or rice milk Egg free: Offer raisin toast as an alternative
Back to blog