I N G R E D I E N T S
- 550g spiral pasta (or other shaped pasta)
- 500g (5 cups) frozen mixed chopped vegetables (peas, corn, carrot)
- 1 red capsicum, finely diced
- 1 BBQ chicken, skin and bones removed, and shredded
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon dijon (or french) mustard
M E T H O D
- Add pasta to a large saucepan of boiling water and cook until just soft- approximately 12 minutes. (Read directions on package on how long to cook as it will be different for different types).
- 4 minutes before pasta is cooked, add the frozen vegetables to the saucepan and continue cooking
- Drain the pasta and vegetables and run under cold water. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Take off skin from BBQ chicken and shred all the meat into small peices with hands (use gloves). Then mix in the chicken and chopped capsicum to pasta.
- In a small bowl or jar, mix together the olive oil, honey, dried herbs and french mustard. Combine well, then pour the dressing over the
- pasta and mix well.
- Serve immediately or store in fridge until ready to serve
N OT E S
This recipe is egg free and dairy free.
GF: Use GF pasta V: Omit BBQ Chicken