Thanks to our friends from the Children's Services team at the Y Brisbane for this fun activity!
A fun and different way for young children to explore different colours and master their fine motor skills by painting with icey creations! Suitable for ages 2+ (with parental supervision).
Ingredients & Equipment:
- 1 cup of water
- Food colouring
- Short popsicle sticks
- Ice cube tray
- White paper
- Old newspaper
- Messy-play clothes
- Pour your water into your ice cube tray evenly.
- Add a few drops of food colouring to the ice cubes and mix well using the paddle pop stick.
- Place a paddle pop stick in to the centre of the ice cube moulds.
- Freeze for at least 4-6 hours – overnight is best.
- Lay down old newspaper on your table, then place your white paper on top.
- Remove the coloured ice cubes from the tray, hold on the paddle pop sticks and paint a beautiful creation on your white paper!
Play-based learning encourages children to use their imagination - the best way to learn is through drawing, digging, role-playing, singing, crafting and more! For more fun activities, visit The Y at Home blog!Back to blog