Learn. Compete. Keep fit. Cool off.
There are a number of reasons why you’d get in a swimming pool. Learn to swim safely, do some laps in your own time or join a squad to take it up a notch. Well, you can do all of that at our state of the art aquatic centre.
Our nationally accredited swimming instructors teach both kids and adults how to swim safely in a number of environments. We’ll work on a number of strokes as well as key lifesaving skills.
Our kids and adults classes are run separately.
What to bring:
- Kids under three need to wear a swimming nappy
- Kids three and over need to wear a swimming cap
YMCA Swim Squads
Do you have your sights on the Olympics? Or do you just want to work on your stroke? Whatever your motivation, we’ve got a squad and swimming coach that’s the right fit for you.
Our Swim Squads
- Junior SwimFit – non-competitive fitness squad for ages 8
- Bronze Squad – training for carnivals and regional meets for ages six and up.
- Silver Squad – for more serious swimmers aged eight and over.
- Gold Squad – for our elite swimmers aged 11 and up.
- Adult Squad – for all fitness levels and abilities.
Ku-ring-gai Amateur Swimming Club meets at Ku-ring-gai Fitness & Aquatic Centre.
All ages and abilities are welcome. Find out more.
Aquatics for fun
Getting in the pool can be a whole lot of fun – and great for your health.
YMCA Aqua Aerobics – a fun and low impact workout that will help improve your fitness, strength or recover from an injury.
We run swimming and water safety lessons for people with disability. Find out more.