The Y NSW is deeply committed to ensuring that children and young people growing up in Australia experience safe, healthy and positive environments.
Safeguarding at the Y includes:
- Supporting children, young people and their families
- Adhering to child-safe standards
- Addressing bullying and cyber-safety
- Involving children and young people in the Y’s programs and activities
- Active participation and empowerment of children and young people to have a say and contribute.
Our National Safeguarding Framework is underpinned by our vision that all children and young people are empowered to feel safe and be safe at the Y, in their families and their communities. Our vision rests on the three foundational pillars of Culture, Operations and Environment (as shown above). For more information, visit the Y National Safeguarding Unit online.