The YMCA has been granted a five-year extension to its contract to run the Bankstown fitness and recreation centre by Canterbury-Bankstown Council.
The new arrangement will see the community not-for-profit continue to operatethe facility until 2021.
YMCA NSW CEO Leisa Hart said: “We are delighted to be able to continue to serve the local community through YMCA Bankstown City for another five years. Offering a range of youth, family and other services, along with recreation and fitness classes, YMCA Bankstown City is a fantastic place for people to connect and enhance their health and wellbeing.
“We thank Canterbury-Bankstown Council for their support and look forward to continuing to work with Council for the benefit of the community.
For more information about YMCA Bankstown City, visit www.ymcansw.org.au/centres/bankstown or head to the centre located at 184 The River Road, Revesby.
About YMCA Bankstown City:
- The centre currently has over 1,000 gymnasts training there every week, ranging in age from 12 months to 16 years
- Over 16 local primary and high schools participate in the the School PE program each year, including 7 specific disability classes
- The centre has an adult and child disability program that connects people with a disability to the community through physical activities and recreation
- The centre has a Special Olympics gymnastics team (boys and girls) with one gymnasts representing Australia at the 2016 World Down Syndrome Trisome Games earlier this year
- Gymnastics parents fundraised over $4,000 to send the team to National Clubs this year and the Centre recently fundraised over $2,000 for new gymnastics equipment.
For more information on YMCA locations and programs, visit www.ymcansw.org.au
Media and Content Specialist
YMCA NSWBack to news