On 30 May we advised families that YMCA NSW is changing to a fortnightly direct debit to align with the Government’s introduction of the Child Care Subsidy.
26 June: Statements will be sent
Tomorrow you will receive your first fortnightly statement.
Please check it to see how your subsidy has changed and what your new billing amount is.
Please note: If you haven’t completed your Child Care Subsidy Assessment your statement will reflect full fees.
29 June: First Fortnightly Direct Debit
(Billing Period – 2 July to 13 July)
The Direct Debit Calendar will help you keep track of billing dates.
Refresher: The New Child Care Subsidy
Here’s what you need to know
- From 2 July, the child care fee assistance your family receives will change. You won’t automatically receive the new subsidy.
- Login now to complete your online form through myGov.
- Estimate what your new Child Care Subsidy might be on the Payment and Services Finder.
- No completed assessment = no subsidy = full fees.
- You will be billed full fees if you have not completed your Online Assessment. The new subsidy cannot be paid to your child care provider on your behalf if you do not take action.
- The hours of subsidised care you’re eligible for will change to fortnightly – that’s why we’re changing to a fortnightly debit.
- The annual subsidy cap will be removed or increased, depending on your circumstances.
- 5 per cent of your weekly Child Care Subsidy entitlement will be withheld by the Government.