On the morning of June 28, 2021, staff at the Y NSW’s Broken Hill Regional Aquatic Centre were alerted by alarm of a possible chlorine gas leak on site.
All staff and patrons were evacuated from the site immediately and a HAZMAT investigation and evaluation was undertaken.
The Y NSW has informed Broken Hill City Council and are pleased to note that nobody was hurt or injured during the incident.
Staff have now been cleared to re-enter the site and have conducted final investigations. The site reopened to the public at 12pm.
We thank our staff for their swift action to ensure the safety of our community.
MEDIA: Madeleine Clarke | 0400 974 816
Back to news