Get involved. Get qualified. Get ahead.
YMCA NSW’s Gymnastics Coaching Mentorship Program is designed to give you a head start in your gymnastics career. In around 12 weeks, you’ll gain valuable on-the-job experience plus an exemption from the Beginner Coach qualification.
You will also have the chance to work with experienced gymnastic coaches and learn how to design and run your own gymnastics class.
By joining us as a volunteer mentee in the Gymnastics Coaching Mentorship Program, you can go on to a promising career in gymnastics.
Once you have completed the program, there is an opportunity for you to continue with YMCA NSW in a part-time, full-time or casual role.
This is just one of the pathways your career could take…
Volunteer Mentee >> Intermediate Coach >> Advanced Coach >> Gymnastics Coordinator
To join the Gymnastics Coaching Mentorship Program, you must be able to:
- Join YMCA NSW as a volunteer
- Commit to a minimum of two hours per week
- Be open and receptive to new ways of learning and trying fresh ideas
- Accept feedback and act on it
- Communicate and work cooperatively with others
- Know when to ask for help
- Complete the YMCA Mentor application
- During the course, you will need to:
- Enrol in and complete the GYMAUS beginner coaching course online
- Attend all YMCA NSW scheduled lessons/coaching sessions/workshops
- Read and understand the YMCA NSW Coaches Handbook
- Complete all YMCA NSW assigned homework tasks
- Complete all YMCA NSW ongoing evaluation forms