‘To be empowered, speak up and become the leaders of today, tomorrow and the future!’
What is Youth & Government
YMCA Youth & Government (Y&G) nurtures the potential of young people to lead, learn and connect to their community and be advocates for causes which they are passionate. The program empowers young people especially those who wouldn’t normally get the opportunity, to voice their ideas, passions and experiences in a parliamentary format in order to propose positive change for their futures.
- We cater for many ages because we believe we should all have a voice!
- Youth Parliament – Targeted for young people in years 10, 11, 12 or equivalent age.
- Junior Parliament – Targeted for young people in years 7, 8, 9 or equivalent age.
- Parliament Primary School – Year 4, 5 & 6 or equivalent age.
- Check out each of these programs by clicking on the links to the left!
Want to know more?
Just reach out to us!
Fill out our EOI form to be the first to hear when applications for our programs are opening: https://form.jotform.co/YMCANSWYthParl/eoi
Michelle Comito - Youth Programs Manager,