Young people face a lot of challenges. What’s happening with studies, at home, work, or with friends can have an impact on your wellbeing and mental health. Sometimes it all feels a bit out of control.
Exercise and proper nutrition can play a big part in getting you back on track. But where do you start?
Designed for people aged 12-25, YMCA Uplift is an eight-week active wellness program run by a friendly team of YMCA NSW staff members. While we’re not counsellors or psychologists, we understand the benefits exercise can have on your mental and physical health.
What’s included in the program?
- 8 weeks free membership at your local YMCA, including classes (15 years and under will have access to Teen Gym)
- At least 1 Uplift session per week, with a group of people around the same age
- Support and education around a range of topics, including exercising safely, the benefits of exercise, and nutrition
- A range of exercise types
Am I eligible?
- Between the ages of 12-25?
- Wanting something to help you get back on track after some challenges? E.g mental health, stress around studies, home, friends, etc.
- comfortable in a group?
If you answered YES to these, you’re eligible!
We also accept requests from service providers to bring groups of young people they are working with.
To get involved in YMCA Uplift, you will need a referral from someone who can support you in this commitment. This can be a teacher, counsellor, parent/guardian, youth worker, or even a psychologist.
If you have any more questions, please get in contact with our friendly team:
m 0409 184 833 p 02 9633 8251