Young people face a lot of challenges. What’s happening with studies, at home, work, or with friends can have an impact on your wellbeing and mental health. Sometimes it all feels a bit out of control.
Exercise and eating healthy can play a big part in getting you back on track. But where do you start?
Designed for people aged 12-24, YMCA Uplift is a FREE eight-week active wellness program run by a friendly team of YMCA NSW staff members. While we’re not counsellors or psychologists, we understand the benefits exercise can have on your mental and physical health.
What’s included in the program?
- 8 weeks FREE fitness membership at Penrith YMCA, including classes (15 years and under will have access to Teen Gym)
- Weekly Uplift classes with a group of people around the same age
- Support and education around a range of topics, including exercising safety, the benefits of exercise, goal setting and eating healthy
- Ongoing support from YMCA staff
Am I eligible?
- Between the ages of 12-24?
- Would like support to get back on track with your fitness and wellbeing due to facing some challenges with mental health, stress with studies, family life or friends?
- Feel comfortable in a group setting
- Able to access our location at Penrith YMCA
If you answered YES to these, you’re eligible!
We also accept requests from service providers to bring groups of young people they are working with.
To get involved, complete the registration form below and someone will be in touch! If you are a parent, or youth provider, you can also refer someone using this form.
If you have any more questions, please get in contact with our friendly team:
m 0437 844 978