Young people face a lot of challenges. What’s happening with studies, at home, work, or with friends can have an impact on your wellbeing and mental health. Sometimes it can feel a bit out-of-control.
Exercise and eating healthy can play a big part in getting you back-on-track, but where do you start?
Uplift is a FREE 6-week active wellness program designed for people aged 16-24. Uplift is run by a friendly team of Y NSW staff who support young people to enhance their physical health, and boost overall wellbeing; all whilst having fun and connecting with peers.
What’s included in the program?
• 6 weeks FREE fitness membership at Mount Annan Leisure Centre, including group fitness classes and small group training
• Gain skills and knowledge around a range of topics, including: exercising safety, the benefits of exercise, goal setting, eating healthy, and positive mental health strategies.
Uplift is for you:
• If you are aged between 16-24 years old
• Would like support to get back on track with your fitness and wellbeing due to facing some challenges with mental health, stress with studies, family life or friends
• Feel comfortable in a group setting
We also welcome referrals from parents, caregivers, youth and service providers working with groups of young people to submit registrations on-behalf of young people that want to join the program.
Uplift runs at Mount Annan Leisure Centre on Monday’s 5.45-7pm
To get involved, register today
If you have any more questions, please get in contact with our friendly team: