NSW Seniors Festival is the largest festival for seniors in the Southern Hemisphere, reaching up to 500,000 seniors each year.
The festival gives local seniors the chance to make new friends or get together with old ones at an array of local community events.
As we get older, our options to exercise shouldn’t be fewer. That’s why we offer tailored exercise programs for people over 55. Improve your heart health, bone density, flexibility and strength.
Senior’s exercise is about staying fit, healthy and socially connected. Turn up for a workout. Stay for a coffee and a chat. That’s what we call active ageing.
Great Lakes Aquatic and Leisure Centre (Proudly Managed by the Y | NSW) will be running a series of special seniors activities to encourage local seniors to come into the centre, learn more about the benefits of fitness and healthy living and to network with other seniors.
- Enjoy fitness with us with our 5 day FREE pass for local seniors who are not members of the centre
- FREE Morning tea & Strength for life seminar: Tuesday 18th of Feb from 9:00am (morning tea at Schibello Café & seminar will be held in the group fitness room from 10am)
- FREE blood pressure and blood glucose testing by Great Lakes Pharmacy: Tuesday 18th of Feb - Schibello café at Great lakes YMCA
- FREE swimming lesson trial for seniors (Bookings essential): Tuesday 18th Feb at 11am & 20th Feb at 11.15am
- Pickleball – Come and Try (Sports Hall at Great Lakes YMCA): Tuesday 18th Feb at 11am & Thurs 20th Feb at 11am
- Chair Yoga - Chair yoga is a gentle yoga practice in which postures are performed while seated and/or with the aid of a chair. This will be held in centre on Wednesday 19th Feb at 11.15am
- Nutrition Seminar – Terri Tyson YMCA personal trainer and nutritionist. This will be held on Friday 21st of Feb at 11.15am
- We also invite all members to bring a senior friend or family member during seniors week & go in the draw to win 3 months FREE membership for you and your friend.
Please call the centre to find out more about seniors fitness and how the Y can support you!