Effective from 14th October 2019
The Y has introduced the new centre rules to minimise the risk of harm to children. At the Y we commit to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people who access any of our programs, services and facilities.
- If your child is participating in a YMCA supervised program they must be accompanied to the program by a person 18 years or older or a parent, not just dropped off at the front door as there is now a sign in and out process.
- Patrons under the age of 18 years are not permitted in the sauna, steam room and spa
- For children 0-5 years parents must be within arms reach
- For children 6-10 years parents must maintain visual contact
- For children 11-14 years parents should physically check in on a regular basis (every 20-30mins)
- Every child between 0-3.5yrs must wear an Aqua Nappy at all times.
- Children aged 7 years or older must use gender appropriate change rooms or family change rooms
- No changing children on pool deck
- No photography or filming in the centre without YMCA staff permission
- No devices allowed in any change rooms
- Children under the age of 11 years are not permitted into the gym unless participating in a YMCA supervised activity/program
- All members and visitors are required to follow centre signs, staff directions and instructions
- Everyone must wear appropriate attire for the space they are using
If you wish to provide any feedback regarding the change in rules please do so via our live feedback portal located at reception and a staff member will be in contact with you within 48 hours.